Universe
The Universe
I welcome and acknowledge the utter indifference of the universe. I revel in its lack of interest in my existence. It doesn't require or need my approval or adoration, not even my acceptance of it's immutable laws.
My biological existence, random or not, is mine to live as I see best. I own my decisions, my failures and my joys. The universe will not come to collect some imaginary debt incurred by my humanness.
My moral and spiritual existence, imaginary or not, is mine to develop and explore without interference or judgment. The universe makes no claim of absolution or redemption for any perceived faults in my human character because I need none.
The universe is its own miracle; a system operating at light speed with me along for the ride. Every particle of my physical being, my life energy, evidently existing from the beginning and before, will continue in some number of limitless forms. That's ample immortality for me.
The universe ignores my prayers and supplications with absolute neutrality. Hope is my own natural, human invention which often prevents me from accepting the obvious and may even cause me to need what I want more than I want what I need.
My relationship to the universe is perfect in my limited understanding and my ignorance of what is yet to be uncovered. My manifesto is but a fading shadow of what is possible to know, yet it fulfills my humanity and comforts my journey.
Comments