The Muse Effect
In ancient Greek times there were 9 (more or less) muses, all female, who were associated with various arts and sciences. They were children of Zeus and Mnemosyne and were considered the inspiration for human achievement in areas like literature, poetry, music, history, astronomy, etc.
Now I believe that in today's world muses also exist and are responsible for much joy and satisfaction in each of our lives. I know I have had several, and they are real people, who by their own interest, passion and expertise have motivated and inspired me. Most are probably unaware of their influence and the example they have set for me, and no doubt others.
I wrote, some time ago, that I have come to believe that each of us leaves a legacy of contribution to those around us. While we may not be "famous" or renowned for a great artistic accomplishment, feat of athleticism, or other heroic effort, we still make our mark on those we meet and know. And in my way of thinking this is the essence of our immortality.
I'm going to see if I can do a better job of letting people know how they have enriched my life in very specific ways, often unknowingly, and that their legacy is real and secure.
Comments